Epilogue

Epilogue

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Moving Day

 The night before moving day --  
even missionaries like a little girl talk.

 I am loosing my "dish fairy."
Hermana Catfish was the one missionary that assigned herself
a regular job in our home.  From the first day she arrived
almost every morning (before I got up)
she unloaded the clean dishwasher and put the dishes away
for me. Thank You Hermana Catfish! 

 The Sisters were trying to arrange everything in the trunk.....


 Our newest missionary seemed a little nervous
about this crazy transfer....
I thought she would be staying here for at least
another 6 weeks.

 Hermana Catfish played some hymns to calm their nerves....


My ears will miss these fingers.


 Hermana Waltee gave me her home email address before she left.


 I think transfers are harder when
they don't know who their new companions will be or where
they are going.
 



 Good bye Hermanas....
Don't let the bed bugs bite!   ;)
I will miss you!


 The car was packed to the gills....as usual.
The Sister's went to the transfer point. Then Hermana Catfish called to tell me
there were no new missionaries coming to take their places.


 In the past 27 months there have been 17 sister missionaries
assigned to live with us. We have had at least 7 temporary
or exchange missionaries, too. Housing the missionaries has given me an
increased awareness of the diverseness of the human race. The sisters were each
so different.... but I learned the principles that the gospel teaches enable us to live
together in peace and harmony...even with complete strangers.


Tomorrow I am going to do some mighty big deep cleaning in that room!
We may have Elders moving in at some point in the future. 

2 comments:

  1. Sis. Whitley: THANK you so very much for proving a loving and supportive home to my daughter over the past months! WOW, that transfer was sudden (Monday night notification??) I am glad to hear she was your dish fairy! I know whe will never forget your influence on her mission. WIth appreciation, Jodi

    ReplyDelete