Epilogue

Epilogue

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Dedication

Have you watched the weatherman on TV?
Ice, sleet, snow....(again!!!)
 
 The Hermana's went to church today,
but once they arrived,
they found out that their ward had been cancelled.
After a day of working,
they came home to eat some dinner.
Soon, it was time to return to
their missionary work. 
 
 They put on their layers
 
 and a cheerful face...
 
 (and I think with a wee-little dread),
 
 
 they trudged off....
not knowing what they might find
 
 on what could turn out to be a long, cold, or dreary night.
 
 I am so proud of them.
 
 I wonder what tonight will bring ....
Will someone let them in their door
to hear the message of the restored gospel,
or will they wander in the cold?
(they do have a car, but they have to get out to knock on doors) 
 
 This may not seem like a big deal to those who live in the north,
but you have to realize that yesterday it was 84 degrees,
 sunny, and beautiful...
 
and these pretty young ladies could be home or at school
having the times of their lives. Instead, they chose
to serve as missionaries for 18 months, giving
their all to building up the Kingdom of God
in whatsoever circumstances they find themselves.
 
 Sister Oh! said:  "I will always remember this ...
 
 and when my future children complain,
I will show them these pictures."

I hope they will realize how much their mother
believed in the thing she was doing this cold, cold night...
deep in the heart of Texas.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, crazy weather you are having! It's colder there than here. It is still so fun for me to see what's happening in Texas. Thanks for your posts! Red Baron's Mom:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell your mom I got her little note and that it really was so nice that I read it twice! It made me feel so good. :) I keep wondering how Sister Red Baron is doing with her new companion....I wonder if she is cold today. It won't be that long until she is HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the update...such funky weather...but we finally got some rain here so we are happy! So glad they will stay together. So fun to see Sister O is making such wonderful friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any word on our missionaries? Wondering why we didn't receive an email today. Hopefully everything is ok.

    ReplyDelete