Epilogue

Epilogue

Monday, August 26, 2013

Summer is Coming to a Close....

 The weeks are passing quickly but it is still hot in Texas.
It is supposed to be in the 100's all week.
Sister L was studying as she ate breakfast this morning.
 
By 6:30 a.m. the Sisters had already started their laundry.
By 10 a.m. they had cleaned their room and
 were on their way out the door....
They said they had plans for today~~ 
*sports at the church
*shopping at the store
*email at library
*teaching a family they have been teaching
 
 
 When I got home at 4:30, this is what I found.
Sister H was busy on the couch.
 
Sister L was camped out in the kitchen.
Both were furiously writing letters.
Such is the life of a missionary...
 
Just as they were about to leave for their evening appointments
the doorbell rang. It was the mailman.
Sister H ran to answer the door....
She said, "I LOVE my mother!"
I have never served a mission, but by
observing the Sisters I have learned that
missionaries love mail and mothers.
In addition to teaching people about the church
they are learning things...
about the world, about people, and about the church.
I can see their testimonies growing each day as they serve.
They are enduring a lot of heat, a little rejection, and overall
some very happy feelings. The week has started out right.

2 comments:

  1. So fun to see our Sister L. and her companion in action. Thank you for giving some daily specifics. We love hearing what they are doing and seeing them is worth a million. Thanks again! Mom & Dad L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your blog! I am a friend of Sister H. Fun to see the photos and see how she is doing! Please tell her hi from The Roper Family!

    ReplyDelete