Epilogue

Epilogue

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

 
Happy Thanksgiving 2013!
 
This picture was taken the day a package arrived...
This cheery sign has been hanging on the Sister's bedroom wall.
 

 As I was preparing our turkey and dressing this morning,
the Hermanas were hard at work in their bedroom studying.
They came out looking like pert missionaries,
so I followed them outside for a picture.
Today was a typical, cool, clear, crisp, perfect
Texas Thanksgiving Day!
 
The Hermanas had a "working Thanksgiving."
They went out in the late morning contacting people.
They are working hard to meet their mission goals.
They taught a couple of lessons on doorsteps...
then went to Thanksgiving dinner at 4 p.m. with some
members of their ward. They came home a little early, to plan...
because Thursday is their planning day.
Then after our family was gone and their planning was done,
they came out and told us about their day.
Hermana Maximum survived her first holiday away from home
and Hermana Red Baron is now a seasoned veteran missionary.
They both had a good day.


5 comments:

  1. So glad to see that our Hermana's had a good Thanksgiving. Thank you so much for taking care of them, and letting us know about them!!! Love, the Red Baron's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard all about your family Thanksgiving...I especially loved hearing about the Thanksgiving Bingo and the beloved great-grandmother's candlesticks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I saw that sign and thought to say they're way craftier than me, but looks like it was a skilled family member that made them that Thanksgiving sign. Your names for your sisters has definitely evolved. You give them little nicknames now instead of sticking with their last initial! Thanks for housing the sister missionaries and for the kindness you showed me and continue to show them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you! This time last year you were here with us. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Last year you had to eat THREE dinners! :) I started nicknaming the hermanas to help me remember their names better and make it more fun because after awhile I had too many Sister M's and Sister O's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This year I only ate two dinners, one Thursday and one Friday. I got to go and see some family down in Utah as well as friends that I served with in Texas. It was a Thanksgiving where I got to spend it with family, eat and later nap. Gotta love those naps. I couldn't remember last Thanksgiving in the mission as well as Christmas, when I was still living with you. I hear that Sister Schroder is going to be coming home this next month. She'll be the first younger companion of mine to come home.

    ReplyDelete