Epilogue

Epilogue

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Day in the Life of a Missionary

Every day is a new day in the life of a missionary.
This morning, without really looking at her,  I let Belle-the-cat inside.
A second later I saw something right next to her.
I went close, to see what it was....
I thought it was a dead bird.
I was not happy at all. In fact, I screamed!
Imagine my surprise when I went to scoop the
dead bird into a box, when the bird decided not to play
dead anymore!
 
 

 It flew right into the stairway by the Sister's bedroom!
I had to go somewhere and was about to leave
(it was only 8:30 a.m. and much too early for this!)
I didn't have time to deal with it..... so I shut all the doors,
thinking I could keep the birdie contained in the hall.
Sister Padlock came to me with big eyes asking if
they could catch the bird and set her free.
Oh, how happy that made me!
Of course I said yes. I asked her to take a picture first,
so I could blog about it.
She dutifully took a picture,
then our little bird decided to fly
under the closed door into the living room.
  He escaped!
 
 Sister Padlock got a flashlight and located the bird underneath the couch.
She used a yard stick to encourage it to exit the dark safety of its new home, hoping it would walk into the nice cardboard box
held by Sister Red Baron. 
Unfortunately, it didn't work.
The bird scooted across the floor into the kitchen.
It looked just like a fast little mouse!
The Sisters were hot on it's trail.
Go SISTERS!
I needed to leave and it was getting later by the minute,
but I was captivated by the eventful happening.
 Our little bird then flew onto the kitchen counter
with the Sisters hot on its tail (literally). 
 
 I did not see it happen, but the little bird flew in the kitchen,
then over by the window,
 
 
 The Sisters were so clever. They used a vase I had just washed
that was just sitting on the counter!
 
 The little birdie was caught.
She was rescued.
Now the cat wouldn't eat her and she would be free.
All thanks to the Sisters!
 
 After taking a few pictures
these Sister Missionary Bird Rescuers took the captive birdie
outside....
 
It took some time to find just the right spot....
They thought of several locations....
They didn't want Belle-the-Cat to find her again.
Eventually they let her go in the tree at the neighbor's house
across the street.  
 
They took this picture of her as she flew off to safety
away from the cat and the people and the confinement.
Every day is a new day and today was just one example of
A day in the life of a missionary.....

No comments:

Post a Comment