Epilogue

Epilogue

Saturday, September 7, 2013

A New Hermana

 The Sisters were almost ready to leave this morning when they noticed
that I was cutting up a fresh pineapple.
They quickly asked me if they could have the top part of the pineapple.
 
 Someone they know had told them how to
"grow pineapples" by using a pineapple top.
 
 
 They were very exact about following the directions they got from her.
I told them that I did not actually think they would get a "pineapple"
from this, but they would probably get some kind of pretty plant.
 
 But they were pretty sure that a pineapple would grow ....
 
 They were very, very serious about this.
Sister H even trimmed up the leaves just so, so it would be perfect.
The top part seemed a little crooked to me. 
The water was supposed to just barely touch the bottom of the pineapple top.
They got down on eye level to be sure the water was not too high or low.
 When they were satisfied with their expert planting job,
they went into the bedroom to practice their Spanish.
I went to work putting the finishing touches on the project. 
 
We now have a new Hermana in the house!
I think she's from Cuba.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you make me laugh! I'm glad to see that you have a sense of humor. I'm sure the Hermanas enjoy being there with you, even Hermana Pineapple! :) Mom L.

    ReplyDelete